Last Modified January 06, 2020
Third Party Links On Our Website.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
When Do We Share The Information We Collect?
Cookies & Other Similar Technologies.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
Data Storage and Processing.
Children’s Online Privacy.
Your California Rights.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is the information that identifies you as an individual. We collect personal information in order to operate our Website and provide our products and services. The type of personal information we collect depends on your interactions with us and how you use our Website. Some personal information is provided by you and we receive some information from third parties, such as if you choose to engage with us on social media.
You provide us with your personal information when you:
- Sign up to create an account
- Make a purchase
- Sign up to receive communications with us
You may choose not to provide certain personal information, however, you may be unable to use a certain product or service or be unable to access certain functionalities of our Website. For example, we need your contact information in order to respond to you when you communicate with us.
TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us or our Website and may include:
Contact Information. We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, or other similar contact information.
Account or Billing Information. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your credit card or bank information. We may also collect information related to your account such as your username or password.
Product Information. We may collect product information such as your purchase history, or product interests.
Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information such as your geographic location.
If you choose not to provide us with personally information, you may still access our Website, however you may be unable to use a service or unable to access certain functionalities of the Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
To improve the operation of our Website, we collect and use aggregated information which does not personally identify you. When you visit our Website, we may automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, your operating system and browser type, the web pages you visit on our website, the address of any referring website, and your geographic location. This information is used to operate, maintain, and manage our Website and related services. For example, we may calculate the average number of site visitors who visit a particular webpage on our website.
THIRD PARTY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
TO PROVIDE AND IMPROVE OUR SERVICES
We use the personal information we collect to operate our business and provide our services. We may also use personal information to understand how our website visitors use our Website in order to improve it.
We use the personal information you provide to fulfill your order. We may use trusted third party service providers to provide order fulfillment services on our behalf, for example, shipping your order to you or processing your payment.
TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use your personal information to respond to you when you contact us. We may also use your personal information to inform you of any updates or changes to your account or send you communications related to special offers or products we think may interest you. To update your preferences or to opt-out of receiving certain communications, please see How to Access and Control Your Personal Information below.
WHEN DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We share personal information with your consent or to facilitate the transaction of a service you have requested. When necessary, we share personal information with third party service providers who provide services on our behalf. We also share personal information if required by law, to protect our customers or others, or to maintain the security of our website and related services. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your personal information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as shipping orders or processing payment on our behalf. These third parties may only use the personal information that is necessary to perform the function required and may not use it for any other purpose.
Payment Processing: We use Shopify to process payments. You may learn more about Shopify’s policies at: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
We may access, preserve, use, or disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, or that it is reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, and address security, technical issues, or fraud.
We may access, preserve, use, or disclose your personal information in order to protect the rights of the business, its property, its employees and others, or to enforce our billing or contracts. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, restructuring, bankruptcy or other change in ownership, personal information may be among the transferred business assets.
COOKIES & OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Many web browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically, but you may change your cookie preferences through the options available in your web browser. You may choose not to receive certain cookies, however please note this may affect the availability of certain features of our website.
Session Cookies provide information about how a website is used during a single browser session while a user is visiting a website and usually expire after the browser is closed.
Persistent Cookies remain on your device between different browser sessions for a set amount of time in order to enable the website to remember user preferences, settings, or actions across other sites.
First-Party Cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. They have the same domain or subdomain as what is in your browser’s address bar.
Third-Party Cookies are set by third parties that are different from the website you are visiting. These cookies have a different domain or subdomain than what is in your browser’s address bar.
You may change your cookie preferences in your web browser settings. Please review the options available in the web browser that you are using to make changes to your cookie preferences.
We use third party analytics services to understand how our website is accessed and used to improve the performance of our website. For example, we use:
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We use certain physical, administrative and electronic safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of personal information. While no method of data transmission or storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that our network or systems will never be compromised, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information against loss or unauthorized access. Information transmitted through our Website is encrypted. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon or “https” as the beginning of the web address. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your account password. Please contact us immediately if you believe your account may have been compromised.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Our Website is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children under 13. If you become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information we ask that you notify us by email at [email protected] Should we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided personally identifiable information, we will take steps to immediately delete it.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to make an annual request for information regarding the disclosure of categories of your personal information California Design Den has shared with a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to any third party to use for its own direct marketing purposes.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be set in a web browser. At this time our Website does not recognize Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Account: You can view or edit personal information connected to your account by logging into your California Design Den account online.
Email Preferences: You may choose to opt-out of receiving certain email communications from us by logging into your account and changing your email preferences or by following the instructions in the email to unsubscribe.
Access Requests: You may also contact us directly by email or postal mail to request access to, correct, change or delete your personal information.
If you contact us with a request, we may need to ask for additional information from you in order to confirm your identity. This is to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to a person who does not have a right to receive it. Please note that we may have a legal obligation to preserve certain data.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, the information below also applies to you. Certain terms used in this section have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information we collect, use, disclose, or sell
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to delete, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
You may submit a request to know or request to delete, free of charge, by sending request on our email address [email protected] or you can submit the request here. Note that for requests to delete, we will require you to separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. To verify your identity, we require you provide your name and email or your email, an order number for your most recent purchase, your billing or shipping address for your most recent order, and/or the products purchased in your most recent order. For some requests, we may also require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. Once submitted, you will receive an email within 10 days that we will use to verify your identity and provide confirmation of your request. We will respond to your request to know or request to delete within 45 days from the day we receive the request. If necessary, we may extend the time period to a maximum total of 90 days from the day we receive the request. In such case, you will receive an email notifying you of the extension and explaining the reason for the extension. Any disclosure in response to a request to know will cover the 12-month period preceding the business’s receipt of the request and will be delivered in a readily useable format, by mail or electronically at the consumer’s option.
Your request to know or request to delete may be denied for any reason allowable under the CCPA. For example, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it or any other purpose permitted by the CCPA.
Similarly, we may deny requests:
- For specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that personal information, your account with us, or the security of our systems or networks.
- To access or delete information that is de-identified.
- If your identity cannot be verified to a degree of certainty required by the CCPA.
- From an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on the consumer’s behalf.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C)Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E)Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
Such as information about your purchase preferences. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
We may obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you
- Indirectly from you or your agent. For example, through cookies and other automated technologies.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Provide you with functionality of the Site;
- Administer and manage the Company;
- Provide client service and/or marketing products or services;
- Conduct research and perform analysis to measure, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our products or services;
- Administer, enhance, and communicate with you regarding the Company’s events, marketing, and advertising; and/or
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding order confirmations, products, services, market research, requests, marketing, security, privacy, and administrative issues.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We disclose and sell your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email: [email protected]
California Design Den
3150 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 130
San Ramon, California 84583