Are you looking for king-size sheets that stay on your bed? Having the right sheets can make all the difference in getting a good night’s sleep.
There are so many king-size sheet options on the market, some great, others not so much. How do you know which king-size sheets will keep you from having to constantly tuck them back?
So, let’s discuss why your king-size sheets sleep off your bed and how to keep them in place.
What this article covers:
- What Size Are King Sheets?
- Why Your Sheets Slip Off Your Bed
- What to Look for When Shopping for Sheets That Stay on a Bed
- Caring for Your King-Size Cotton Bed Sheets
- DIY Options to Keep Sheets on a Bed
- The Best King Size Sheets From California Design Den
What Size Are King Sheets?
King sheets are designed to fit king mattresses measuring 76 inches by 80 inches. What is the size of a king sheet? A king-size flat sheet measures 108 inches long by 102 inches wide. A fitted sheet is designed to fit a king mattress snugly and usually measures 78 inches wide by 80 inches long. You should always purchase sheets that are designed to fit your bed’s depth.
Is there a difference between King and California King sheets? And do Cal king sheets fit king? King sheets are designed to fit a king bed, which is four inches wider and four inches shorter than a standard Cal King.
What size is a California King sheet? A California king flat sheet measures 102 inches by 112 inches, while a fitted sheet is designed to fit a Cal king mattress snugly and usually measures 72 inches wide by 84 inches long.
“What’s a split king sheet”, you ask? A split king sheet is designed to fit two twin XL mattresses that are pushed together to create one king-size bed. What do split king sheets look like? They're two twin XL fitted sheets that fit on each twin mattress.
What size sheets fit a split king adjustable bed? To fit a split king adjustable bed, you need two twin XL sheets measuring 39 inches wide by 80 inches long.
Why Your Sheets Slip Off Your Bed
There are several reasons why this might be happening.
Not The Right Fit
Your sheets probably aren’t the right size for your mattress. They might be too small for your mattress or too big. Trying to force a sheet onto a mattress is one of the best ways to ensure your sheet slips off.
We highly recommend paying close attention to sizes. For example, “will a king sheet fit a California king?” Nope. Not a chance. California king beds are bigger and asking your regular fitted king sheet to cover the distance is more than just a little stretch.
Will a King sheet fit a Queen bed? King and Queen sheets aren’t interchangeable. A Queen bed is much smaller than a King bed. It measures 60 inches wide by 80 inches long.
We recommend checking the depth of your mattress before buying a sheet. Depth is often overlooked but is of great importance.
Poor Quality Fabric
Low-quality sheets are more likely to slip off your bed. Sheets with lower thread counts and those made from synthetic fibers like polyester don’t have the same level of grip as those made from higher-quality fabrics.
What to Look for When Shopping for Sheets That Stay on a Bed
Here are several features to consider when shopping for sheets that stay on a bed.
- Size and depth for your mattress: Check the depth of your mattress by measuring vertically from the top of your mattress to the base to buy a sheet that fits.
- Elastic Band: Ensure that the elastic band firmly hugs your mattress.
- Quality Of Material: High-quality fabrics aren’t only durable, but they are also more pliable and will grip the mattress better.
Caring for Your King-Size Cotton Bed Sheets
Pure cotton bed sheets require a bit of extra care, but they're worth the effort. Here are some tips for caring for your cotton bed sheets:
- Before first use: Sort your sheets based on color, and check the instructions for the right water temperature to avoid color runs or shrinkage.
- Washing and drying: Use mild detergent and cold water for washing your bedsheets. Avoid using chlorine bleach, as it can damage the fabric. Use low heat in the dryer..
- Ironing and steaming: Ironing cotton sheets eliminates wrinkles and gives them a crisp look. Use the appropriate temperature setting for your fabric or steam your sheets instead.
DIY Options to Keep Sheets on a Bed
You don't have to go to the store to find solutions for keeping sheets on a bed. Here are some quick DIY options that can work just as well.
Sew Handles Into The Corners
If you’re handy with a needle and thread, you can sew handles into the corners of your sheets. Simply sew narrow strips of fabric into a loop and attach them to the four corners of your sheets.
Use Double-Sided Sticky Tape
Cut several strips of tape and attach them to the corners of your sheets. This will help the sheets adhere to the mattress and make it more convenient to make your bed.
Attach Sheets With Safety Pins
Pin your sheets to the mattress using safety pins. This can be time-consuming, but it's quite effective. If you toss and turn at night, safety pins may not be the best option, as your sheets could tear from all the movement.
The Best King Size Sheets From California Design Den
If you're on the market for some new king-size sheets that won't slip and slide, look no further than California Design Den. Here are some of the best choices for your king-sized mattress.
King Size Flat Sheet
Our king-sized flat sheets are made from natural and plant-based sateen, making them the top choice for environmentally conscious consumers. They’re soft, breathable, and won't budge, no matter how much you move during the night. They're also tested for shrinkage, piling, and colorfastness.
King Size Fitted Sheet
Our king-size fitted sheets come in various sizes to fit any mattress up to 16 inches deep. They feature all-around elastic with reinforced corners for maximum security. Additionally, they’re soft and durable and boast wrinkle-free technology, so you never have to worry about ironing them.
Finding the perfect king-size sheets that will stay put doesn't have to be a struggle. With some clever solutions and the right products, you can enjoy comfortable sheets that don't slip off your mattress no matter how much you move during sleep.
Use the tips above, or if you want an upgrade, look into California Design Den's top-of-the-line king-size sheets. You'll be sleeping soundly in no time!
Did you find the blog beneficial? If so, consider exploring our other guides.
- Will Twin XL Sheets Fit a Full Bed?
- Will Twin XL Sheets Fit a Hospital Bed?
- Best Twin XL Sheets for a Split King Bed
- The Best Twin XL Sheets for Adjustable Beds
- Will Twin XL Sheets Fit a Queen Bed?
- Are High Thread Count Sheets Hotter?
- Are 700 Thread Count Sheets Good?
- Are 1000 Thread Count Sheets Good?
- What Are the Warmest Sheets?
- What Are the Best Sheets for Summer?
- The Thickest Bed Sheets for Winter
- What Color Bed Sheets Go with Gray Walls?
- What Color Sheets Don’t Show Stains
- Best Color for Bed Sheets in Feng Shui
- What Color Sheets Go Best with a Cream Comforter?